Coronavirus – Covid-19
We have been monitoring carefully the development and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus. To protect our landlords, tenants, contractors and team members we would like to make the following statement.
1. For now all property visits have been cancelled.
2. Upon reporting a maintenance issue, before we appoint a contractor, all tenants will be asked the following:
- whether they have travelled overseas since the start of 2020
- whether they have any symptoms of Covid-19
- whether they have been in contact with anyone with the symptoms of Covid-19
- whether they have been advised to self-isolate
If any of these scenarios apply, the contractor appointment will be postponed.
3. We are circulating information relating to Covid-19 to all parties to distribute information and help prevent the spread of the virus.
4. We have taken the decision to close our office and are working remotely. We are however still available as usual to contact on the telephone and via email. If you need to reach us, you can still do so but please bear with us if there are some technical issues in the transition.
5. Should members of our team need to self-isolate, they will be able to do so with our full support and financial backing.
6. The safety and health of both our team and those we meet is paramount therefore we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients. For guidance on the symptoms of COVID-19, how to protect yourself and what to do if you think you have COVID-19 please visit the NHS website using the following link https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
The contractors we work alongside are attending to maintenance issues as normal as far as possible although priority is being given to emergencies. If day to day issues can be dealt with, we will arrange these but please bear with us in the event of any delays. Even in the case of an emergency, the situation is being vetted on a case by case basis by contractors upon arrival on site. If they feel there is a risk of infection and cannot carry out works, they have our full support and backing in making their decision. Should any of the contractors need to self-isolate, will use our best endeavours to delay non emergency works but will seek alternative contractors as and when possible.
Should the situation deteriorate, the above will be re-evaluated.